As a city in the middle of Taiwan and a second most populated, the accessibility of Taichung city is quite convenient.
For those who arrive at Taoyuan International Airport, Taipei Songshan Airport, or Kaohsiung International Airport, you can come to Taichung by THSR(Taiwan High Speed Rail), TRA(Taiwan Railway Administration), or buses. You can aslo come here directly from Taichung International Airport.
However, the most economic & convenient way to travel around Taichung is by taking buses–With Easy Card, it is FREE to travel by buses under 10km.
At the below transportation spots, we will arrange contact person with AHLA logo to help every participant for traffic information to the conference venue or your accommodation.
- Taoyuan International Airport (At the arrival hall of both Terminal 1 and 2)
- Taoyuan High Speed Rail Station (At the boarding entrances)
- Taichung Airport (At the arrival hall)
- Taichung High Speed Rail Station (At the boarding entrances)
*The contact persons will be in the spots from 05:30 to 21:00 on both October 24th and 25th.
Relative Locations of the spots in AHLA 2018 in Taichung City
To our main venues
|October 25th, 2018||Pre-conference workshops and satellite meetings||Chung Shan Medical University Hospital.|
No. 110, Sec.1, Jianguo N.Rd., Taichung City 40201, Taiwan.
|Google map link: https://goo.gl/CWvwNV
Public transportation information: https://goo.gl/1REshC
|October 26th-27th, 2018||Conference: Keynote speeches, workshops, exhibitions, and more.||Huizhong Building, Taichung City Government.|
No. 99, Sec. 3, Taiwan Boulevard, Xitun Dist., Taichung City 40701, Taiwan
|Google map link: https://goo.gl/L7iAZj
Public transportation information: https://goo.gl/gKQzUW
Airlinks to Taichung City Government: https://goo.gl/xQQmTv
Chung Shan Medical University Hospital
Taichung City Government
To the cooperating accommodations
Google map link: https://goo.gl/ySqbMZ
Traffic information: https://goo.gl/yBmcp9
|Evergreen Laurel Hotel
Google map link: https://goo.gl/jNtFui
Traffic information: https://goo.gl/d8sBvM
Estimated Transporation Fee: https://goo.gl/L1Wk7V
Taichung is a prosperous city of both urban and rural hues.
1.Within the city, there is National Taichung Theater, designed by Toyo Ito. With the concept of “Sound Wave”, you will find there is zero corner inside the building.
2. There’s Calligraphy Greenway, an elegant park with a green building (ESLITE bookstore) next to it. It also holds Taichung Jazz Festival every year. If you’re a music & reading lover, this is a place designed for you.
3. Located between mountains and sea, In west, we have Gaomei Wetland next to the Taichung Port, and in east Dakeng Hiking Trail, waiting for you to discover.
4. As for the nightlife, Yi-zhong St. & Feng-Jia Night Market are two famous night market spots. You would not want to miss them.
Last but not least, Taichung is also a city of cuisine.
There are so many food stands which is called “In lane(巷子內)”, literally means they are hidden in lanes, and only the localest people know where they are.
Seek (or ask local residents), and you shall find!
For more information, please check the website https://goo.gl/HCj2dB